Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pick-Me-Up Wednesdays

I don't know about y'all, but Wednesday is a hard day for me. It's been forever since the weekend, and it's approximately forever until next weekend. I tend to have nervous breakdowns on Wednesdays. Class wise, this is my easiest day (New Testament, Writing for Wisdom, and Precalculus) but it still gets to me. I find myself needing a little pick-me-up every Wednesday so that I can get through the week.



  • New songs for my homework playlist. I get bored of songs really quickly and need to mix it up often. So I go on Spotify and add three to five (or sometimes ten or twenty) new songs to my homework playlist. It's like a little present to myself!
  • A pumpkin latte. Wednesdays are usually the day when I cave and pay for Java City's delicious and highly overpriced coffee.
  • Convocation. This is like our "chapel" service at school, where we'll pray, sing praise and worship music, and have a speaker. It always leaves me feeling refreshed and closer to God.
  • Painting my nails. This is a rare one, and the sign that I've had a nervous breakdown. I usually don't wear nail polish, so this is a really big deal.
  • Read a chapter of a just for fun book (see yesterday's post for what I'm reading now!)
  • A run. Going for a run, just me and my iPod, tends to calm me down and put me back on track. 
  • And of course, this Bible verse: 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

I hope you have a great rest of the week! Stay strong!

Lots of Love,
sCa

P.S. Try not to have a heart attack and break down in tears about the Presidential Election. It'll be okay. I'm planning the secession of Texas. If you voted Romney-Ryan, then feel free to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment