Friday, December 14, 2012

Travel Inspiration: New York City

I really, really, want to go to New York City. In the winter I tend to go more prepster than Southern prep, and I think this has to do with all the amazing pictures of NYC that show up on tumblr. For instance:







Plus, there's all these amazing books that take place in New York, like:

The Great Gatsby
Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist
The Devil Wears Prada
The Nanny Diaries
Shopaholic Takes Manhattan
The Princess Diaries
Shopaholic Ties the Knot
Gossip Girl
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares
and so many more.

There are even (gasp!) movies and TV shows set in New York, if you need some more inspiration. Among these are:

Breakfast at Tiffany's
Gossip Girl
An Affair to Remember
Sleepless in Seattle
Two Weeks Notice (one of the greatest movies ever made. If you haven't seen it, go watch it right this very minute.)
How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days
New York Minute (with Mary Kate and Ashley)
The Devil Wears Prada
Confessions of a Shopaholic (It made me very mad that this movie was set in NYC, instead of London like it is in the books. It ruined the potential for a sequel, since the whole point of the second book is that Becky goes to New York with Luke. Cause she's British. Ugh. I hate it when scriptwriters ruin plotlines. But enough of this tangent.)
Enchanted
27 Dresses
New Year's Eve
Avengers
And just about every disaster movie.

Oh, and what post about New York would be complete without some NYC inspired music (or, music that I would listen to if I was lucky enough to be in New York but doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it)?
New York, New York by Frank Sinatra-a classic
Holy Ground-Taylor Swift
Empire State of Mind-The Cast of Glee
It's Time-Imagine Dragons
The City-Ed Sheeran
All the Pretty Girls-Fun
Some Nights-Fun
We are Young-Fun
Marry You-Bruno Mars (although I think the Glee version is just as good)
Half of My Heart-John Mayer (and yes, I find it ironic that I have Taylor Swift and John Mayer on the same playlist)
1983-Neon Trees
One More Night-Maroon 5
Secrets-OneRepublic
Just Say Yes-Snow Patrol
22-Taylor Swift
Starlight-Taylor Swift
Drops of Jupiter-Train
A-Punk-Vampire Weekend

Now that you also have wanderlust for NYC, 

Lots of Love,
sCa

3 comments:

  1. Haha I spent the day in New York City this summer, and I never saw the Empire State Building.... Like, never even laid eyes on it.... It's supposed to be so tall and a big part of NYC, but I didn't even see it. Granted, it was raining, and I spent half the day under an umbrella, but still... :) Funny NYC story: it was raining and cold, and my shoes and skinny jeans were completely soaked, so on the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty I was drying my shoes in the hand dries in the bathroom, then at Olive Garden I took off my shoes and wrapped my feet in napkins cuz I was so wet and cold... good times :) But it was a lot of fun despite all that :)
    -mal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live up near NYC.. I had to mention.. you forgot a song that is uber NYC-inspired.. Alicia Keys-New York. Not the Jay-Z version, of course. But when I listen to this song, it truly reminds me of the feeling I get every time I'm in New York more than any other song!

    Taylor
    pre-medprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete