Friday, December 14, 2012

Favorite Christmas Movies

Elf
Love Actually
The Santa Clause
Die Hard
Miracle on 34th Street
Blackadder's A Christmas Carol
A Charlie Brown Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon)
A Christmas Story
Jingle All the Way
Fred Clause
Eloise at Christmastime

Everyone knows that the only proper way for a college student to spend Christmas vacation is lying on the sofa and not moving for a month. I'd like to do a scientific study on this, but I can't move from my couch. And what better to do on said couch than to watch some classic Christmas films? Here are some of my favorites (all images courtesy of Google Images).


Okay, so you probably don't want to watch this in front of your elementary school cousins. This is one best watched in the privacy of your own room. It's rated R for a very good reason (nudity and profanity). However, this truly is one of the greatest Christmas movies ever made. It features just about every British actor ever, from Hugh Grant and Emma Thompson to Alan Rickman and Rowan Atkinson. My favorite movie, ever, actually. 


I'm a fan of the original myself. It's sweet. 


Arnold Swarchengger's greatest film in my opinion. 


I'm Eloise and I'm six! 


I am literally answering my phone with "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" :)

For the action fans in the house. Many things blow up. Bruce Willis shoots up a bunch of terrorists. Oh, and it's Christmas Eve. 


Hehe. A reverse on Charles Dicken's Christmas Carol. If you've never seen Blackadder, go. Watch them all. Right now. (You can skip season 1 as they hadn't figured out what they were doing and it's simply awful. But other than that.) Features a young Hugh Laurie (pre-House days), Rowan Atkinson, and most of the other British comedy greats. 


My family usually kicks of the Christmas season with this one. 


I hate the live action, sorry. But the cartoon is amazing. 


If your mother never told you you'll shoot your eye out, you didn't ask for the right things for Christmas. 


Santa's brother needs therapy. 


I really can't believe this movie is as old as I am....love it so much!

Lots of Love and Merry Christmas!

sCa

No comments:

Post a Comment