Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Avengers Appreciation Post

The Avengers. One of the greatest movies (series, actually) ever made. Joss Whedon, we exalt you for your brilliance. The new Iron Man 2 trailer is being played in theaters now (saw it the other day when I went to see Silver Linings Playbook. Which was brilliant and everyone should see because Jennifer Laurence is brilliant. You will cry. Fair warning.) Consequently, I am in an Avengers mood right now. Reasons to appreciate Avengers:

1) Scarlett Johanson as Black Widow kicks serious butt. You asked for a fantastic girl superhero, and Joss Whedon provided. She ends up saving the guys. She's the only person brave enough to stand up the Hulk. But she stills get her fabulous pseudoromance with Hawkeye after she saves his butt from Loki.

2) Loki. I must admit, I cheer for the villain. Tom Hiddleston, I swoon. (For more Tom Hiddleston action, check out Wallander which is a British detective show on Netflix.)

3) Robert Downing Jr. is his usual perfect genius-playboy-billionare-philantropist as Iron Man. Or is he being himself? Or is he really Iron Man? It's impossible to separate him from his characters. 

4) Intrigue. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED IN BUDAPEST. NATASHA YOU CAN'T JUST SAY THINGS LIKE THAT AND NOT TELL US WHAT HAPPENED. (I'm sorry, I feel very strongly about this moment and did once spend 48 hours reading fan fiction that attempts to explain these two lines of the movie. There is a lot of it. I think the only solution is a Black Widow/Hawkeye movie.)
5) Hawkeye. He's my favorite Avenger. Bow and arrows people. 

To get you in the mood for an Avengers party, here's the trailer for Iron Man 2, the latest installment in the Marvel series. 



Since you are now unbelievably excited for all future Joss Whedon glories, here's the upcoming Marvel movie schedule

2013:
Iron Man 2
Thor 2

2014:
Captain America 2
Another Marvel movie is booked for this year, no news on what it is though. Speculations include The Incredible Hulk 2, or a solo movie about Clint and Natasha (*which would fulfill all of my hopes and dreams and desires and PLEASE JOSS PLEASE I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN*) or a solo for Nick Fury (*shakes head violently and throws a script for BlackHawk at the Marvel people)

2015:
Avengers 2

Right now these are all speculation (information comes from this article), but it looks like a great timeline. I'm pumped for these great new movies, and I hope you are too.

Lots of Love,

sCa


No comments:

Post a Comment